Tibetan and Himalayan Library - THL

THL Title Text

A view along the rows of kyauksa gu at Kuthodaw Pagoda.

69785 normal

<< Previous | Next >>

Resource #: 69785 (URL for reference)

Collections: Ariana Maki Collection, Burma Collection


by Ariana Maki

The Kuthodaw Pagoda was refurbished in 1892. British troops occupied Mandalay from 1885-90 and during their stay removed the gold that formerly was inlaid in the marble slabs and removed the brass bells from each of the smaller buildings, as well as removing all of the inlays from the main temple.

Associated Resources

Resource type: Image

Photographer: Ariana Maki

Quality Type: Good

Photograph Date: 28/Feb/2013

| Back to all resources